A Trip To The Mountains

It had been a long time, well it had been two years , since my family and i had taken some time out and planned a road trip. Since all my siblings, including me, had our winter break from school and and 2017 was almost getting ready to say goodbye, we thought it would be the perfect time to go over to the northern areas of my country - Pakistan , and end this year memorably. whee are you guys from?
It took us almost 12 hrs to reach Muzaffarabad - the capital of Azad Kashmir, and honestly it was worth the wait. I had never been here before which is why i was looking forward to make the most of my time here.
During our stay in Muzaffarabad we stayed in this lovely hotel - Pearl Continental Hotel Muzaffarabad. This place was beautifully built and made me feel right at home.

























Although we stayed in Muzaffarabad we went a little bit further and explored areas beyond it as well. After driving for approximately 3 hrs , we reached at a place called - Neelam Valley - and i instantly fell in love with the surroundings. The colour of the Neelam River was absolutely gorgeous and the sound of the gushing water was the most relaxing and calming thing i have experienced.






We also visited - Jehlum River - during our trip. It was certainly more crowded than the Neelam River but i had a lot of fun. Although the water was freezing cold, i really wanted  to immerse my feet in and enjoy the moment.



I certainly had a lot of fun during this trip and it was definitely much needed. Let me know whether any of you is a travel person or a sit at home relaxing on your couch person, i am definitely a sit at home and relax person but i do think that a trip now and then with the fam is also necessary.

Ill see u later  💗



Comments